Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A day after IBWSC

          I woke up early as usual to say good bye to my friends. I had my breakfast quickly and I went to bid my friends a farewell. It was very difficult to see them leave one by one. My flight is on the next day and there's not much people left. I received little notes and gifts from my friends. I felt so heavy hearted to see them leave. I gave some of my friends some Malaysia craft as a gift to them.
          After the last bus that send my friends to the airport left, I walked to the UBC Bookstore to check out if I want anything else there. Then, I went to the rose garden to look at the beautiful scenery for one last time. By the time I walked back to the Totem Park Residence, there's no one at all! I felt so alone and I started to look around for people to be with but there was no one at all. I looked for Manlai and Amanda to find out who's still there. Unfortunately it was useless, people went to the downtown already. Then I decided to a restaurant called The Point Grill for a late lunch.

This is my lunch at The Point Grill.
Anyway, I still prefer Asian food.

I found this antique hidden at the corner.

Japanese garden at UBC?
It was a surprise when I first saw it.

I love the smell of lavender.

The beautiful rose garden.
It's a really nice scenery. It's even prettier if you see if with your own eyes.

          I meet Amanda after my lunch to go to downtown. We decided to go to the beach to watch the firework. It was a firework competition that have been going on for nights. Amanda ordered me some Mexican food because I never eat it before. It taste a bit weird to me but it was not bad at all. When the sky is dark, the firework display starts, it was very beautiful. We went back after the firework and I was so tired that I kept falling asleep on the bus. I was really glad that Amanda was there with me, I had a really great time with her.

While on my way to the beach.

The water is so much colder than I thought.
 
Amanda and our dinner!

I love the sky. Sunset and clear sky.

Firework display by the Vietnamese

  
Street of Vancouver at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment