Saturday, July 28, 2012

It's the last day already?!

          I can't believe it's the last day already. Time flies over here. I had great time for the past few days. I have met so many people and there's still so much more people that I haven't meet. I have made some great friends here too. I feel so close and comfortable with them in such limited time. I feel like I don't want this conference to end and I don't feel like leaving this place.

         This is going to be the last day for me to eat a lot of bacon just for breakfast. The last speech for this conference is by Paul Nicklen, he is a National Geography journalist. He takes photos from many different places around the globe even from the location with the most adverse weather in the world. I'm amazed that the pictures can tell so much stories even without any words.

Penguins jumping out of Arctic ice water.

 
Paul Nicklen and me after his speech.

         At the final GAT group meeting, we prepare presentation for our ideas to improve the world. I help out in colouring the sample poster and I also volunteered myself to do any left over role that no one wants to take. I got to talk about the placement of the recycle and compost bins in the school.

          After lunch, I have to go to the CIRS Theatre for the last time to do my presentation. Every GAT groups' presentation are very different and creative. Some made a poem, some made a video, some just give a speech. The audience was really quiet when I was speaking. I'm not sure whether they like it or not. But I think that it was great.

          I walked to the IBWSC World Cup Finals. I cheered with my friends for my team, which is the Canadien. Even though the Canadien didn't won, but it was fun to watch.

Waiting for the bus to go to the beach.
A bad picture of myself being lame with the 14B sign.
Sunset at Spanish Banks.

Chloe, me and Kendall before we leave the beach.

          Then I get on the bus to the barbecue party at Spanish Banks located at somewhere not far away from UBC. It was very cold at the seaside. I was shivering in cold while eating and walking around. Then we went back to UBC early because it was too cold. Since it's the final day, I walked around with my book so that I can let my friends to sign it.

          Because of my flight is on Sunday afternoon, I have to stay one more day here at Canada. I was quiet worry about where I should stay and eat but after asking around the chaperones, everything is fine and have been arranged. I feel so relieved. I thought I'm going to be alone with no where to stay and live.

No comments:

Post a Comment