Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Second Day of Conference

 John McCall MacCain giving his speech

           This is the second day of the conference. The weather today is great! The temperature is just right and I really love it. I start of my day with a lot of bacons as breakfast. Then I head to the CIRS with some of my friends for the talk from the director of McCall MacBain Foundation. He his speech is very different from the others because it's a bit more interactive based in a Q&A form. So he just basically give us an interactive speech based on our questions.

         After that, we had a decision theatre. From that session, I realised that there are more people that are willing to make an effort to protect and improve the environment that I think. Not only individual should be willing to take action, but getting the top authorities to participate and help to save the environment is very important too. I really enjoyed this session because I find that it's very informative and I'm able to recognize the problem why most of the people are not sustaining the environment. I also have learned a little about urban planning and I really like to learn more about it.

         There was an UBC admission information session after lunch. I found out that UBC loves IB students because they give so much exemption. Even Economics SL can get an exemption! Then my friends and I question them about the details about the scholarship.

          Tim, Tang and I rush to the Swing Space right away for our concurrent session. My concurrent session today is called "You've done your homework". It's about knowing that we have so many wants in our lives and there's many people don't even have some of the needs that are well provided to us. Then we have to work in a group to talk about a goal that we want to set to ourselves on sustainability. We should help to remind the people that have the same goal to develop such habits. It was good to help us to build a new habit for environmental sustainability.

          Right after the concurrent session, there was a GAT group meeting. We have to write a few types of question related to the talk in the morning based on the given criteria just like yesterday. This session is just like a memory refreshment of the information from the speech in the morning by Mr. McCall MacBain.

          The trivia challenge was great because I somehow have learnt something random and new that I never know before because we were asked a lot of random questions to answer. My team is called Yellow, even though we didn't won, but I enjoyed myself there. I went to the dining hall afterwards for dinner. I was very hungry!

The Venezuela dance and costume

           The Singing in Global Harmony session was interesting. We create music naturally by only simple instruction. My throat got a little sore from so much of singing but I enjoyed singing there. The students from Venezuela performed their local music, songs and dance. That was one of the most amazing moment I had here so far. The performance is so colourful and lively. It was so fun that it made me feel like I want to be a part of them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment