Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Visa Application





          Alright, I was very excited about the conference because I got sponsored. What now? It's time for visa application. My teacher sent me a link about documents needed for the visa application to Canada. I look through it and I realise that I do not have some documents necessary for the application. It's all with my mother. And I live far away from my mother. I tried to tell my mother to scan my birth certificate for me. But the problem is, she don't know how to use it! So she mailed it to me instead. It takes 3 days for the mail to reach my hostel. Having teacher telling me to get my visa done ASAP makes me feel so worry because I have to wait for the mail and bring it to get translated because it's in Bahasa Malaysia.

         3 days later, I finally got my birth certificate in my hand and I send it to be translated as soon as I can. It takes 3 working days to get translated and it cost RM50. Ouch! Well, there goes my cake and bread for 2 weeks. I suppose to get a bank draft to pay for the processing fee. I didn't know what is it at all until I Google for it. Luckily it was not difficult to get and have no long procedures. I don't really like to fill in forms, but there's some forms that seriously require some time to fill in.
          I also have to take a 2 photos that fulfils the requirement and follows the guidelines. I show the requirement to the person working in the photo shop, making sure that he understands and follows all the guidelines. It takes some time but I really can't afford to have any problems in my visa application.
          After I got all the documents required, I submit it right away to my teacher. It will be couriered to Singapore together with my classmate's and teacher's visa application documents. Now I'm still waiting for my visa. Hoping that I will get it soon. Because I just really don't want to miss out this opportunity to go to this IB World School Conference happening in Vancouver. There's a lot of work for the visa application, but I think it's worth it because I don't get the chance to go to a conference like this all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment